Sunday, October 12, 2008

First 3 Days of Parenting...

You will never believe this, but I have been trying to make this posting for the last 2 days. Everytime I sit down to create the posting, something comes up, can you believe that? I have a feeling that will soon become the norm, rather than the exception.

We have managed the pretty well so far. The fact that we rely on the nurses a lot may have a lil' something to do with that. So what has been happening the last few days...

Shannon is doing well, but is experiencing some swelling in her legs. She has started walking, at the nurses recommendation, and that seems to be helping. She did reach a key milestone....the first couple cc's of breast milk (You go girl!!!)



Wisdom is doing very well, but she really misses her brother (more details below). Wisdom has been able to spend every night in the room with Shannon and I. So she has had lots of visitors and photo opp's. As you can see, she looks just like her mommy


Wisdom sleeping peacefully

Wisdom with Aunt Nat (the IV in her head was only there for the day)

Ellie and Brynn Carr (her future baby sitters :-)

Aunt Mickey and Bobby


Gramma Weezie (on Cloud 9)


With Aunt Roni

Truth is doing well too, but he has had to spend some time in the Intermediate Care Unit. His blood sugar levels have been a little low and he is not quite eating enough. So we are working with the staff to build his strength up. Shortly after birth they were feeding him through an IV, but has graduated and is now drinking from a bottle (good job Truth!!!). Here are a couple pics of him, and yep...he looks just like his proud daddy :-)

Truth on the scales (flexin' his muscles, sportin' the 6-pack)

Close up of Truth (or is that mini-Bryan)



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. Congratulations Bryan and Shannon!!!! I am so proud of you both! Your little angels are so beautiful and perfect! I can't wait to see them. I want to come down there today but I don't have anyone's cell numbers! I need to snuggle an infant. :) Call me!
425-418-7206
I love you both!
Marva

Arisa said...

Wow!!! They are gorgeous. It is amazing how Wisdom looks just like Shannon and Truth looks just like Bryan. Congratulations to both of you but I bow down to you Shannon for putting in 26 hours first. You are amazing!

Love you both,
Arisa

Anonymous said...

We join you in celebrating the arrival of Wisdom and Truth and we thank the Almighty God for his blessings.
We love you.
Paul, Bongie,Noma and Neo Damasane,

your Zim family

Anonymous said...

MY boy B-HOP is a daddy..... What is the world coming to.

Congrats and when I come to visit the twins I will bring my clippers!!

Unknown said...

Bryan, Congratulations, Truth and Wisdom are beautiful and just adorable. Give them a kiss for me.